Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Playlist

By Ashley Niedzwiecki

Oops, I did it again –
The Tootsie Roll,
because I’m too sexy
to walk like an Egyptian
when the whole world
is walking on sunshine.
I will walk 500 miles
if you wake me up before you go go,
but I’m going slightly mad
while I’m waiting on the world to change.
Maybe I’m just misundaztood,
so give me some respect.
We are family…
so what?
Let’s bounce –
the devil went down to Georgia,
so I wanna go to Vegas.
Its my life,
and I wanna bang on the drum all day
in the love shack
with that brown eyed girl,
cause she’s a black magic woman
and she dropped a bomb on me.
Her strange magic
makes me wanna zip a dee do da
til the break of dawn!
So let’s dance!
Bust a move –
hey ya,
everybody dance now,
it’s all right,
but you know you can’t touch this
as I jump around
to Rapper’s Delight
while you do the YMCA
because you think you’re a Macho Man,
but really you’re a malchik gei,
So you should be doing the cupid shuffle.
I’d ask you if you wanna shoop,
but you’re a tubthumper,
so I’d get amnesia.
Like that time
with the black horse and the cherry tree.
It wasn’t just a fairy tale,
it was a nursery cryme,
The way you ran into that brick house
singing “Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy,”
while I wrote you a love song.
If you could only see
that I wish I was your lover.
I would dip you in peaches,
but that’s trouble,
since it’s all about us,
and I decide
when I soak up the sun.

1 comment: